QUICK IDENTIFICATION ► TIME SAVING
BACTO-ID utilises mass spectrometry, as an alternative and much quicker approach to conventional biochemical assays for bacterial identification. Mass spectrometry is reliable, fast and inexpensive and reduces the need for sequencing.
EXTENSIVE DATABASE ► RELIABLE IDENTIFICATION
With BACTO-ID we can identify more than 8,200 bacterial species and more than 1,760 genomospecies (as of January 2018) which increases daily. This allows for an improved differentiation of closely related species and improves lineage typing and phylogenetic interpretation of spectral data. Especially problematic cases that arise are candidates for our analysis, but we are also equipped to do the routine bacterial diagnostics.
Furthermore, we have specialised medical modules targeting the following groups:
- M1: Detection of rare species in clinical routine samples, including the genera Acinetobacter, Actinobaculum , Actinomyces, Alloscardovia, Anaerococcus, Arcanobacterium, Buttiauxella, Corynebacterium, Dolosigranulum, Dorea, Eggerthella, Eikenella, Empedobacter, Erysipelothrix, Gemella, Inquilinus, Klebsiella, Neisseria, Oligella, Peptoniphilus, Propionimicrobium, Pseudoxanthomonas, Ruminococcus, Streptococcus, Varibaculum, Trueperella, etc.
Click to see the full list
- M2: Corynebacterium specific module with over 500 strains and 90 species
- M3: Streptococcus specific module that allows differentiation of S. dysgalactiae subsp. dysgalactiae, S. dysgalactiae subsp. equisimilis, S. equi subsp. equi, S. equi subsp. zooepidemicus and S. canis.
- M4: Acinetobacter specific module with 51 validly published species that allows differentiation between the ACB-complex (Acinetobacter calcoaceticus-Acinetobacter baumannii complex) and non-ACB complex species. Bacteria within the ACB-complex commonly cause nosocomial infection and are often multidrug resistant.
- M5: Streptococcus viridans group-specific module validated on 261 clinical isolates with 100% specificity and 98.7% sensitivity.
- M6: Klebsiella specific module that allows differentiation between K. pneumoniae, K. quasipneumoniae, K. variicola, K. oxytoca, K. michiganensis and K. grimonti.
- M7: Francisella tularensis specific module validated using 56 field isolates that allows differentiation of F. tularensis subsp. tularensis and F. tularensis subsp. holarctica.
- M7: Legionella pneumophila specific module differentiating 10 different subgroups.
- M8: Bacillus cereus group specific module that allows the differentiation between B. wiedmannii, B. mycoides, B. nitratireducens, B. cereus, B. pacificus, B. paranthracis, B. tropicus, B. anthracis, B. thuringiensis and B. toyonensis.
Further to the medical modules, we are specialised in identifying environmental samples, including soils, plant and animal associated bacteria. Please contact us to enquire if your group of interest can be identified.